If you have unexpected guests, you can easily impress them with this handy yet traditional dessert that only takes 15 minutes to prepare!
This special Indian recipe was taught to me by my Mother-in-law and I make it especially when I have the older generation or children over.
My grand-daughter loves it and now, her little friends ask for it too.
Fragrant with cardamom (elaichi) and saffron, I like to garnish this golden sheera with crunchy almonds.
Prep Time: 5 min Cooking time: 15 min Serves: 8
1 tea cup besan (gram flour)
1 tea cup ghee
1 tea cup sugar
1 1/2 tea cup milk (warm)
1/4 tbsp saffron with 1 tbsp milk
6 to 8 green cardamom powder
6 almond sliced
- heat the ghee in a heavy based sauce pan
- add the flour and roast it till there is a fine aroma
- add the sugar and milk and stir it till it starts to release ghee (can also microwave it for 2 min)
- add the saffron and mix well
- garnish it with cardamom powder and the sliced almonds
Note: Cover the bowl with a lid while microwaving