Here is one recipe that multitasks! Hidden here, I have offered you 3 unique recipes instead of just one!
After mixing ripe juicy tomatoes with mozzarella, aromatic basil and Italian herbs, you can proceed to make it into an open faced sandwich, using readily-available triangle sandwich bread.
Or you can make like a bruschetta, by simply chopping the slices into smaller triangles.
Or you can add bread slices on top too and deep-fry the sandwiches into crispy fritters!
And just when you thought that was all, this versatile recipe goes a step further when you use a round cookie-cutter to serve this! (Note: Although the round shape looks very appetising, it leads to a lot of bread wastage!)
Anyway, after you try them all yourself, don’t forget to tell me which version you liked best!
Prep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 10 min Serves: 6 open face sandwich
6 slices of bread
1 tea cup tomato
75 gms mozzarella cheese
50 gms processed cheese
1/4 cup onions (finely chopped)
3 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tbsp fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients except the bread and the processed cheese
- Divide the mixture into six equal parts
- Spread each part on each bread evenly
- Grate the processed cheese on each bread
- Toast it in a hot oven for five to seven minute or as per your oven requirement
- Cut it into triangles and serve with tomato ketchup and tabasco