This traditional favourite, transforms ordinary curd into oodles of rich elaichi, kesar and badam-pista laden swirls!
Teamed with piping hot puris, this chilled dessert is nothing less than pure ambrosia in each bite!
Prep Time: 2 hrs Cooking time: 15 min Serves: 4
Curd of 1 litre milk (approx.) 2 teacup (hung)
Powdered sugar (approx.) 3/4 tea cup
5 cardamom (powdered)
6 pistachio (sliced)
6 almond (sliced)
1/4 tsp of saffron + tbsp of milk
Method for the hung curd:
- Tie the curd in a muslin cloth, and keep in cool place for 2 hours.
- Before using, ensure that the water is completely drained out
Method for the Shrikhand:
- Sieve the hung curd with a juice strainer
- Measure it, and add half as much quantity of sugar of curd (sugar, curd in the ratio of 1:2)
- Mix well
- Mix the saffron with milk and heat for a second
- Garnish shrikhand with saffron, cardamom, pistachio and almonds