Coin Pizzas are an old party favourite reminiscent of our childhood when every birthday party in the ‘90s passed these homemade mini pizzas around and every kid gobbled it up approvingly!
Bite into memories with this fun, retro appetizer!
Prep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 30 min Baking Time: 15 min Makes: 60 pcs
60 (coin pizza base)
200 gms mozzarella cheese
For the Pizza Sauce:
1 kg tomato
2 large onions
2 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
8 tsp sugar
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
10 tsp red chilli powder (kashmiri chilli)
2 green capsicum roasted and peeled (roast capsicum directly on gas)
1 1/2 tbsp cornflour + 1/4 cup of water or milk (optional)
1 tbsp butter
Salt to taste
- Boil the whole tomato, remove them from the water.
- Add the capsicum and make a pulp in grinder
- Strain it
- Heat the butter and add the onions and garlic.
- Sauté it till the onion becomes translucent
- Add the tomato and capsicum pulp
- Add the sugar, chilli powder, tomato ketchup and boil it
- Add the cornflour mixture and boil
- Avoid onions and garlic from the recipe for jain preparation
- You can add 1/2 tsp of oregano, parsley or pizza herbs and chili flakes in the gravy with the other spices for added flavour
- You can add 1 grated carrot to step 2 (to balance the sourness of the tomato)
- Spread a spoonful of sauce on each pizza base
- Top it with grated cheese
- Bake it in hot oven at 180 for 10 to 15 minute
- Garnish it with green or red bell peppers or olives slice