This pan-India dish is an excellent example to showcase simple and rustic technique.
What probably was a time-saving kitchen experiment for our ancestors is repeated even today, with chefs across the country slow-roasting their brinjals over an open flame to replicate its smoky flavour!
Recreate the traditional experience with hot rotlas!
Prep Time: 5 min Cooking Time: 20 min
1 big egg plant (specially for Bharta )
1 1/2 tea cup spring onion
4 tbsp oil
3 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Slit the egg plant from middle
- Roast directly on gas from all side. When it become little soft n u feel it is done remove from the gas
- Remove the skin n mash egg plant
- Heat the oil add green onion & sauté/ fry for five minutes. Add egg plant n all other spices
- Heat it for 5-7 minutes
- Serve hot with Moong Dal Khichdi or Bajri Rotla
Note: You can add garlic and tomato if you like.