Food is an indispensable part of any Indian festival.
A perfect example is the auspicious day of Raksha Bandhan which celebrates the hot and sour, bitter-sweet relationship between a brother and his sister.
The day of Raksha Bandhan is feast time for the brothers as their favourite dishes adorn the dining table.
Planning to surprise your brother with a lavish homemade spread this Rakhi?
It takes a minute to express your love and a little more than that to create this sensational Indo-Chinese delicacy!
Spicy marinated fresh paneer coated in threads of flour and deep-fried to a golden finish leads to this delicious snack that’s crisp on the outside but soft and creamy inside!
Add glitz to your festivities by serving these hot hot hot!
Prep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 15 min
For the Paneer
1 tea cup paneer (grated)
1 1/2 tbsp corn flour
3 dry Kashmiri chilli
5 clove garlic
1 tsp vinegar
Salt to taste
For the Noodle Threads
1/2 tea cup rice noodle or very thinly cut samosa patti
1/2 teacup plain flour + 1 cup water
Oil for deep fry
- Boil the kashmiri chilli and garlic with little water and make a paste
- Mix paneer, chilli garlic paste, vinegar and salt
- Divide it into 8 to 10 equal part and make a flat ball
- Mix plain flour with water and make thin paste
- Dip the ball in the paste and rub it in rice noodle or samosa patti
- Deep fry and serve hot