This 15th Aug, join in the revelry by giving a patriotic flavor to your plate!
My naturally tri-coloured recipes promise to give your family and friends the true taste of freedom…from any artificial food colouring!
This I-Day, dish up festive food with a twist!
Mash up fresh green peas with emerald pistachios and fragrant elaichi for an exquisite tiranga ‘green’ that’ll truly symbolize the flag’s promise of lavish prosperity!
Prep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 25 min
2 tea cup milk
1 tea cup mutter (Peas)
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Boil the peas for 5 minutes. Put it under cold water. Drain it and make a paste
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee, add the peas and sauté it for a while and keep it aside
- Add the milk powder to it and mix well
- Boil the milk until it is reduced to half the quantity, add the peas, sugar, raisin and pistachio and go on stirring till all the liquid evaporates
- Add cardamom powder and mix well
- Spread it on a greased plate
- Cut it in equal parts or make a ball once it has cooled down
- Garnish it with pistachio