There’s a popular misconception about Italian cuisine that I’d like to challenge today.
Firstly, not every Italian recipe is pasta.
Secondly, not all Italian fare is heavy and diet-wrecking.
Well, that’s exactly what to expect when you try zesty rice, crunchy zucchini and celery spiced with Italian herbs and rolled up in a novel cabbage leaf!
Prep Time: 20 min Cooking Time:20 min
12 cabbage leaves (stem removed)
Oil or butter to prepare a roll
Ingredients for the Stuffing:
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tea cup rice (boiled) (approx 1/2 tea cup dry rice)
1 tea cup zucchini
1/2 tea cup carrot
1 1/2 tea cup green onion
2 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
2 tbsp celery
1/2 tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the cabbage leaves
- Boil the water and put cabbage leaves in it for 5 to 7 minute or until leaves are limp
- Heat the butter and oil. Add the garlic and sauté it for a minute
- Add the carrots, zucchini and green onion and sauté it for 5 minute
- Add the celery and mix well
- Add the rice, oregano salt and pepper and mix well
- Take one cabbage leaf and put a spoonful of stuffing mixture in the middle, fold the cabbage and make roll
- Repeat it with other leaves
- Heat a non stick pan and fry the roll with little butter/oil Or you can bake the roll
- Serve hot with spicy tomato sauce.